Within 48 hours after submitting your application for life insurance, you will receive a phone call to schedule a basic paramedical exam performed by a licensed medical professional. There is no cost to you for this examination and it can take place at your convenience at your home or place of employment.
The exam includes obtaining your:
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Urine and blood samples
*Depending on your age and medical history, an electrocardiogram (EKG) may be required.
Additionally, you will also be asked to provide (via the initial phone call or at the paramedical appointment) information regarding your health history, including your physicians’ names, prescription medicine, and visits to doctors (if applicable). You will also be asked to show your driver’s license for identification purposes.
Prior to the Paramedical Appointment:
- If at all possible, fast for 12 hours (if not, try not to eat any food 2 hours prior).
- Do not engage in heavy exercise within 24 hours of your exam.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 8 hours.
- Do not smoke or drink coffee for at least 1 hour before your appointment.
- Drink a glass of water at least 2 hours prior.
- Advise the paramedic of any medications you are taking.
Within a few weeks after your “paramedical” appointment you will receive a “Policy Offer”, which we will send to you via e-mail. This you can choose to accept or reject. If you accept it, you will receive your policy in the mail within a couple weeks after doing so.
After receiving your policy, sign the “Policy Delivery Receipt” affirming you have received it, and send back with your first premium payment (check, credit card, or electronic funds transfer). Upon receipt of your first payment you will be insured!